Under United Airlines flight cancellation and refund policy, anyone can cancel their flight reservations within 24 hours of the original purchase and request a full refund without paying any cancellation or change fee. However, if you purchase a non-refundable ticket and cancel your ticket later, you are not eligible to get a refund.
There can be unplanned circumstances such as the death of any closed one, important meeting, and event to attend, where you can’t travel or use your flight ticket; therefore, using the United airlines manage booking feature will allow you to change, cancel, rebook your flight reservation and request a full refund of your unused flight ticket.
What steps to follow to change or reschedule United Airlines flight booking?
Making United airlines booking gives an opportunity to a passenger to book and manage their flight tickets online/offline depending on their preference. If you booked a flight ticket in advance, but for some reason, you have to change or reschedule your flight booking, follow these steps.
- Go to the United Airlines official site and select ‘My Trips’.
- Enter your flight information including your flight reference number, last name, departure and arrival cities, to retrieve your flight.
- Now select ‘Change Flight’ and then ‘Edit’ to change the travel date, adding or removing a flight.
- Press ‘Continue’ and select a new flight meeting your maximum requirements.
Terms and Conditions of the ticket refund policy of United Airlines
- The flight cancellation will be made on flight tickets purchased through the airline’s official site or the reservation counter at the airport. If you have bought tickets from a travel agency, you will have to contact them personally to get a ticket refund.
- If you have purchased a non-refundable ticket through the United Airlines official site, you won’t get a refund. However, you can use the ticket for future travel with a change fee between $50 and $150 depending on your trip destination and the type of change you will make to your ticket.
- You will have to pay $200 to change or cancel your domestic flights and around $400 for international flights.
- The ticket cancellation and refund policy are not applicable on hold fare tickets.
- The airline takes 7 to 14 working days to credit the refund on the flyer's original mode of payment.
After applying for a refund, passengers can keep track of their refund status through the United airlines manage booking feature.
See More: Southwest Airlines sale $69