You want to upgrade QuickBooks Desktop, but you don't have the product and license numbers you got when you bought it. There's no need to be concerned because this post offers various strategies that make it simple for you to locate your QuickBooks desktop product and license numbers. Then, you can go for clean installation of your QuickBooks without worrying about the misplacing of your license and product keys.
You can find QuickBooks product details, including your product number, license number, version, and release using all the available methods contained in this article.
Approaches for finding QuickBooks Product and license numbers, version and release
Follow the different approaches below to look for your QuickBooks product and license keys.
Approach 1: Using Manage Your Account Option
The Manage your Account option also gives you access to information about your products. Proceed as follows:
- Launch QB Desktop to begin with and then select the Company
- You now need to visit My Company.
- Then, select Manage Your Account.
- You may see all the QB-related product information, including the Product number, License number, Version, and QuickBooks release, in the screen that appears.
Also read: how to transfer quickbooks to a new computer
Approach 2: Via the Confirmation E-Mail
To purchase this software, either visit the official website or a shop. If the first option is selected, the QuickBooks License and Product Numbers for the Desktop edition can be obtained in the email that confirms the purchase.
Approach 3: Through the Registry
Use the registry to find your product's details by following these steps:
- Launch the QuickBooks Desktop program.
- Hit on the F2 key.
- You then need to press the F3 key when the Product registration window
- Afterward, tap on Tech Help.
- Herein, select Open File.
- From all the files, select the one with the name dat.
- You can choose to the file in Notepad. After opting for Open with, the notepad can be seen in the List of Programs. Choose it and then hit on
- Next, simultaneously press the Ctrl + F keys and enter License Number in the Search
- Select Find, then wait till the results show up.
- The registration code or number should be visible in the highlighted area.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop Product Number will then be provided.
You necessarily need your QuickBooks details at the time of installing your copy of QuickBooks. So, you should make them available at your disposal.
However, if they get misplaced for some reasons, then by following the guidelines provided in this article, you should be able to find your QuickBooks desktop license and product number. For further assistance, you can contact our QuickBooks desktop technical support experts via our helpline i.e., 1-800-615-2347.