QuickBooks has been extremely popular among Small businesses in the past few years. It is usually known as the most effective and best accounting software that incorporates functions like monitoring cash flow, calculating taxes, and tracking products that assure smooth operations for any form of firm.
However, while QuickBooks is a powerful and inventive accounting program, it is not immune to the occasional technological glitch. Some problems are simple enough to be resolved by following on-screen instructions; others, however, may be more involved and call for the assistance of a professional. For example, you may be unable to fix the QuickBooks error qbwc1085, but we're here to help.
When attempting to open QuickBooks on the desktop, you may get this problem. We won't just tell you how to cure the problem. We'll also tell you what's causing it and how to avoid it in the future.
QuickBooks Online Connector
Before attempting to resolve QuickBooks error qbwc1085, we recommend reading up on the QuickBooks online connector. To quickly and easily transfer data between QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks on the web, you can use the Web Connector, a program created by Microsoft. However, like all software, the web connection is susceptible to malfunctions and mistakes.
This web connector is a browser-based app for Windows users that facilitates information sharing between QuickBooks desktop and web services. Web connector and QuickBooks desktop share the same local network, allowing qbXML and qbposXML to be transferred between the two platforms. This error message displays when the QWCLOG.TXT log file is damaged or corrupted.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error QBWC1085?
Solve the problem quickly and easily by following the steps outlined below
Method 1: Ensure the Company file is linked to the external app.
One option is to link the business file to the external application manually. The following procedures should help with this:
- To begin, press the Windows and R keys simultaneously.
- The Run dialogue box will then appear.
- After this, type MSConfig and then hit the OK button.
4. To access it, go to the Start menu and enter MSConfig.
5. The Startup tab must then be selected.
6. Once done, search and mark the Checkbox for QuickBooks web connector.
7. Then, select Apply and follow that with an OK click.
8. Once you've completed all these steps, restart your computer and see if the QuickBooks web connector error has been resolved.
Method 2: Substitute a new name for the QWCLOG.TXT file.
- Alternatively, you can give the QWCLOG.TXT file a new name. The procedure entails the subsequent actions:
- Right-click the QuickBooks Web Connector icon in the taskbar.
- After that, you can exit the program by selecting the Exit button and accessing your files through Windows' built-in File Explorer.
- When finished, you can access the log file in the C: Program Data Intuit QB Web Connector log directory.
- You can now rename the QWCLOG.TXT file by selecting it and clicking the rename button in the menu that appears.
- After this, change the name to QWCLOGOLD.TXT and hit on the Save option.
- Once you are done with that, you have to reboot the connector program.
- The last step of this procedure is to restart the computer and relaunch the program.
Method 3: Uninstall the web connector from your system's boot options.
- If you are not using the Web Connector to link QuickBooks to other applications, you can uninstall it from the Startup folder. The procedures are outlined below.
- Get started by logging in as an administrator in Windows.
- When finished, go to C: Program Data Microsoft Windows Start Menu Program Start Up and enter the appropriate command.
- The QuickBooks Web Connector file must now be removed.
- After that is complete, restart your computer and launch QuickBooks.
Method 4: Rename the QWCLOG.TXT File Manually
- If your company file was shared with a third-party app using Web Connector, proceed to the next section.
- Turn off the QuickBooks computer program and the Web Connector.
3. Follow the prompts to access QB Web Connector in C:/ProgramData/Intuit.
4. Next, go to the log menu and rename the QWCLOG.TXT file to QWCLOGOLD.TXT.
5. Try opening the Web Connector back up again.
6. Restart your computer to see if the problem has been resolved.
The information presented here is offered to you in the hopes that it will be helpful. Anyone who needs to be savvier with computers or QuickBooks should be able to implement the four solutions mentioned above to fix the QuickBooks error qbwc1085 in the QuickBooks Web Connector.
If the problem persists after attempting the steps outlined here despite your best efforts, you should get in touch with QuickBooks's support staff.